Monday, May 16, 2011

"Mind" -> Back To Narita To Yokohama Part I

Time to update my post on how to get from LAX to Japan. Only this time, we are going to the Sheraton in Yokohama.




You start off at LAX, or Los Angeles Airport. In my case, I start at Tom Bradley terminal.



I always suggest that you get some cash before you go so you can catch the subway. In my case, this currency exchange is right after security in LAX and charges a very large charge of $5.95, but what are you going to do once you are at the airport?



If you are fortunately enough to fly business class, they let you sit in the lounge. In my case, this is the Korean air lounge.


This will be my home for the next 12 hours. Buckle up and get ready to fly.

You land at Narita airport. This is my plane.

Get off the plane and up the elevator. Nice that there is no bus ride. I don't think I've ever had a bus ride at Narita, as all the planes land at the terminal.


You'll see a green sign and a yellow sign. The green is for transfers. You want the yellow.

Follow the yellow when it splits. Take the elevator down.

This is passport control. In my case, they asked to see my form before getting to the officer at the desk. I had forgotten to fill in the back of the customs form.



Wait for you baggage if you've check bags. Korean air doesn't have a lot of overhead bin space. I like the 747, which have big closets to store the bags.

Pick up your Santohk, who comes from San Franciso an hour after you do.

Look around, and see the exit for going outside, but you are not going to go there.

Wait in line while your Santohk gets his money exchanged.

Look for the sign that says railways.
 
Follow the elevator down.
 
 
You want the JR Line. 
 
Big area.  Look around. 
 
See JR? 
 
Closer to the office. 

Posted by Picasa

No comments: